If you are looking for Sherman Oaks condos and townhomes, you have to find the right real estate resource. Be confident that you can find great investment in Sherman Oaks condos, townhouses, and real estate for yourself, your family or as an investment. Take a few minutes to explore all of the condominiums in this area of the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles County.
Sherman Oaks Condos & Townhomes for Sale
Finding the right place to call home, takes a lot of work…and that’s what we do for you. You are welcome to research our website listings that are currently for sale or contact us to help in your search.
You can explore condos in Sherman Oaks, Chatsworth, Valley Glen, and other cities. You can find new condos, high-rise condos, and resale properties too.
You will love the property details, photos, pricing history, Google™ maps, mortgage calculator for each property, and neighborhood and street views of each home.
All Sherman Oaks Condos Available
So you’re looking to buy a condo in Sherman Oaks? I feel you – I was in the same boat not too long ago. Moving to the Valley from the Westside, I wanted something more affordable but still wanted access to all the perks of living in LA. For me, Sherman Oaks ended up being the perfect fit.
Let me walk you through everything I learned while condo hunting there. Grab a cup of coffee and let’s dive in!
Welcome to Sherman Oaks, California
First things first – Sherman Oaks itself. It’s located in the southeast part of the San Fernando Valley, right up against the hills that separate it from Studio City and Hollywood. The proximity to that world-famous sign is a big draw. But at the same time, it has more of a laid-back suburban vibe compared to its neighbors to the south.
Within Sherman Oaks, there are a few different neighborhoods that each have their own flavor:
- The historic Van Nuys Blvd area has a funky, old-school SoCal charm. You’ve got classic diners, dive bars, and 70s architecture.
- South of the 101 freeway, you’ll find part of the affluent Sherman Oaks hills with larger, more expensive homes.
- Nearby Sherman Oaks Galleria is the main shopping/dining hub with a real modern, upscale vibe.
No matter which pocket you land in, you get that perfect combo – quiet residential streets meet great restaurants and entertainment options.
Sherman Oaks Condos Scoop
Now, let’s talk condos in Sherman Oaks. There are lots of options, from smaller studio/1 bed units to larger 2-3 bed floor plans. I’d estimate the average size is around 900-1200 square feet. Expect to pay anywhere from $400k on the low end up to $800k+ for larger, renovated condos in prime locations.
Most complexes were built in the 1960s-1980s, so don’t expect brand-new construction.
However, many have undergone upgrades and remodels over the years to keep things fresh. When viewing places, keep an eye out for amenities like:
- Parking: Assigned spots, garage spaces, guest parking.
- Laundry: On-site or in-unit washer/dryer.
- Outdoor space: Balconies, patios, courtyard areas.
- Community features: Pools, spas, grilling areas, and gyms.
- In-unit perks: Stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, hardwood floors.
And location-wise, there are condos and townhomes scattered throughout Sherman Oaks. But here are some of the most popular buildings:
- Near Van Nuys Blvd: The Courtyard, Magnolia Towers, Valley Park East
- Around Ventura Blvd: Ventura Place, The Renaissance
- Near the Galleria: Galleria Park Place, Le Parc at Galleria
- Off Dickens St: Dickens Village, Ashton Park
I’d recommend driving around the neighborhood first to get a feel for different spots before you start touring.
The Adventure Begins to Find You a Sherman Oaks Condo You Will LOVE
Once you’re ready to view condos, connect with Melidna Bonini at 818-422-7447 who can help you access open houses and schedule private showings. I worked with Melinda Bonini from Coldwell Banker who was fantastic – she took the time to understand what I was looking for and actively listened to my feedback after seeing different units.
A few key things I kept in mind while viewing places:
Focus on layout/flow. Beyond square footage, pay attention to floorplans. Is there a bedroom right by the front door, or do you enter into the living room? How many turns are between the kitchen and the master bedroom? Knowing your must-haves for flow is huge.
Sniff out issues. Look for signs of water damage, creaks in the flooring, and peeling paint/wallpaper. Spotting red flags early helps avoid headaches down the line. Also, ask about recent repairs.
Envision the potential. Don’t just look at the staged space – peek inside closets, cabinets, and bathrooms. Imagine how you’d make it your own. If you see an opportunity to upgrade over time, keep it in mind.
Ask about fees. On top of the mortgage, you’ll likely pay HOA fees covering building maintenance, amenities, insurance, and more. Get an estimate so you can budget accurately. Melinda has some friendly and helpful lenders.
Check communal space. Take time to see the lobby, fitness center, and pool area. You’ll use these a lot, so make sure they’re kept and meet your needs.
Things moved quickly once I got serious about a place. After a few weeks of viewing, I found a renovated 1 bedroom at the Courtyard that I fell in love with. The flow worked perfectly, and I could easily picture starting the next chapter there.
Closing the Deal
After getting my offer accepted, it took about 6 weeks from signing the contract to closing day. Melinda helped every step, but here are a few things I handled personally:
- Inspections: Hiring pros to assess the electrical, plumbing, appliances, HVAC, and more. Protect yourself by identifying defects early! Melinda had a list of home inspectors for this task.
- Financing: Getting pre-approved for my loan and going through the paperwork marathon. Just call Melinda for a list of 3 helpful lenders that her clients love.
- Home insurance: Researching plans that fit my budget but still gave adequate coverage in case of disasters, liability issues, and more.
- Home Owner Association (HOA) docs: Reading through the bylaws, meeting minutes, and financials. It’s boring but gave great insight into the association and what to expect as an owner.
- Moving logistics: Coordinating movers, changing addresses, and scheduling installations for wifi, cable, and utilities.
It was a busy month and a half, but so worth it once I got the keys. I love being able to walk to shops and restaurants in the Galleria. But I also appreciate how quiet and peaceful it is at night – like having my own private oasis.
Enjoy Sherman Oaks!
I hope sharing my experience gives you useful insight and gets you pumped up to start your own Sherman Oaks condo search. The list of Sherman Oaks condos and Sherman Oaks homes for sale on MelindaBonini.com is better than Zillow, Redfin, and Realtor.com.
If you are short on time, Melinda will set up a custom search from California Regional Multiple Listing Service. It will go to your inbox when I new listing matches your criteria. Our marketing team will do that on her website as well. You can sign up for a Free Account today.
There are so many great options out there – take your time, make a wish list, and pay attention to your gut. Once you find the perfect match, it’ll feel meant to be.
And once you’re ready to take the plunge, don’t hesitate to reach out to Melinda Bonini at Coldwell Banker. She was knowledgeable and patient throughout the entire buying process. Her number is 818-422-7447!
I wish you the best of luck finding your dream condo – you got this! Enjoy soaking up the laidback Sherman Oaks lifestyle.
What are you looking for in a Sherman Oaks Condo?
Melinda and her team will be following up with you.